Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Birth Control now Depo Shot - Good or Bad?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Birth Control now Depo Shot - Good or Bad?

I began taking birth control pills back in 2008 of September and caught on to the daily routine, but then stopped in 2009 around fall. Since then, its been off and on. Although I have been wanting to get back on the pill, my local hospital is actually some distance away from where I've been residing for school. Recently I moved back and finally got a refill this year in June and once again tried taking the pill at the beginning of the month, but only for the first 3 days, then stopped again. The symptoms were excruciating, so I stopped, but now I'm thinking of trying the Depo Shot for every 3 months. The question is: would it be safe to switch from the pill to the Depo Shot?
Tags: depo shot
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1407485_tn?1281482534
yes it is safe however keep in mind anytime you switch birth control pills you will have a period of time were it is possible for you to get pregnant so keep that in mind and use condoms during the transition time.
Blank
1404186_tn?1281034771
Yes it would be safe now that you've stopped the pill, you would receive it within a few days after starting a period, similarly to starting the pill.

Just like your recent side effects with the pill, it is possible to experience side effects with the shot as well. You should also make sure to consider the fact that depo can cause bone density loss and possible increase/decrease in bleeding. Make sure you do some research on different pills/contraceptives and talk to your doctor about what would work best for you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...