Birth Control to treat Anxiety on periods?
I started Prozac for my OCD and GAD about a month ago.  I'm currently on 20mg.  My sister told me how she is now on birth control to get rid of her periods because her anxiety is so bad on them and so I decided to get on the pill too for that same reason.  I'm wondering a few things.  1) If one starts the pill during their menstrual cycle, then the menstrual cycle stops, could the weird moods they are experiencing be from the usual anxiety from the menstrual cycle or is this invalid because the period physically stopped because of the pill.  In other words, are the weird moods i'm experiencing, as day 4 on the pill, the 'remnants' of my period anxiety or side-effects from the pill?
2) What types of birth control do you recommend for people who are simply trying to get rid of their periods so they do not experience the anxiety that comes along with them before and during?
3) What exactly is birth control doing to my mind (hormones etc) ?
4) If I were to discontinue the use of the pill today, are their any precautions to take?  Or is it as simple as just stopping taking it?