Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Birth control
Hey just wondering what is the best birth control ?
I can't take the pill as it gives me cramps 24/7
I don't want the bar in my arm cos it puts heaps of wright on
I was thinking the needle that last 3 months
What do u guys think ?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the depo provera injection is a very good and convenient form of birth control.  Many patients use if for years and love it.  Often there is some irregular bleeding initially when the shot is first begun, but after that most people don't have much more than infrequent spotting.  If you get your shots on time the method is approximately 99% effective.  I DO advise my patients to take a calcium supplement while on Depo.
Good luck!
Dr B
I have the IUD my doctor highly recommend it it lasts up to 5 years I have really light periods if hardly at all and it doesn't hurt to get put in BUT THE CATCH IS YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CHILD B4 you can get this type of BC!