Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control after pregnancy

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Birth control after pregnancy
I am scheduled for c section next week and have been searching options for birth control. I am having my third chid and am certainly not having any more children. I was going to have a tubal ligation during my cesarean but my hospital just changed their policy and will not do it for catholic reasons. So my question is, I am looking for options, I do not do well with hormone birth controls, is there any other options for non hormonal birth control other than the copper iud??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the non-hormonal methods of birth control include interval tubal ligation (6 weeks post partum), Essure, the copper IUD, condoms, diaphram and natural family planning.
That is a fairly complete list and there aren't any other methods that I can think of off hand.
Good luck and congratulations in advance on your new little one!
Dr B
Thank you!!!  :-)