Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control after pregnancy
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Birth control after pregnancy

I am scheduled for c section next week and have been searching options for birth control. I am having my third chid and am certainly not having any more children. I was going to have a tubal ligation during my cesarean but my hospital just changed their policy and will not do it for catholic reasons. So my question is, I am looking for options, I do not do well with hormone birth controls, is there any other options for non hormonal birth control other than the copper iud??
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the non-hormonal methods of birth control include interval tubal ligation (6 weeks post partum), Essure, the copper IUD, condoms, diaphram and natural family planning.
That is a fairly complete list and there aren't any other methods that I can think of off hand.
Good luck and congratulations in advance on your new little one!
Dr B
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you!!!  :-)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers