Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control pill - did i take it too late?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Hello :)
So i am on the 21 day birth control pills, they are called Lyndinette 20. I take them 21 days, then have a 7 day pause, then start the next pack etc. So I finished my last pack on the 3.11 at 8:20 in the morning, as always. I was supposed to make a 7 day break and take it today morning, 11.11. but i forgot and i took it just now, at 18:20 in the evening. So my question is - will i be safe from pregnancy this month, seeing as i was late with taking the pill with a couple of hours? :( Thanks in advance for your answer :)
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you should be safe.  It is never wrong to use a backup method such as condoms, but I don't think you need to be too concerned at this point.
Good luck!
Dr B