Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control pill

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Birth control pill

If I take my birth control pill close to the date of when my next period supposed to start will it delay my period ?
HI!
If you were my patient, I would ask you if you are purposely trying to delay your period (eg for vacation ). If so, I would advise you that you can probably delay your next period by skipping the placebo pills in your current pack and starting your new pack instead.  If you are not already taking OCs and want to delay your period it is a little bit less certain that it is going to work for you, but you could start taking pills several days before you expect your period and it might delay your period.  The only risk is that you might be pregnant when you start pills if you start them BEFORE your period instead of during your period.  SO if there is a possibility of pregnancy, you probably shouldn't try the experiment.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
Thanks Dr. B . I doubt I'm pregnant , or will become pregnant I've been using other methods to prevent that from happening ...
Yea I am trying to delay my period for vacation .. But I'm hoping the pill dose not have a bad effect on me since it's my first time taking birth control pills .. I'm hoping this is something I can continue , I already have three beautiful girls and I don't plan on having anymore children .. :)) . I'm going to take seasonique .