Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control shot

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Birth control shot

On the 23 of May for my first time I had gotten a birth control shot. I go back on the 8th of  Aug to get my next shot. Im getting really worried, beacuse it has been almost a week and i still havent came on my period yet. Could i be pregnant??????? Should I be worried??? Or could it be the shot making me not be on my peroid. Im really worried.
If anyone knows the answer, please respond as soon as possible.
Thank you
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the shot is probably responsible for your irregular periods.  I would advise doing a home pregnancy test, but mostly just for your peace of mind.  The shot is pretty reliable.  DO be sure to get your next injection on time--that is the most common reason for failure of this method of birth control--getting the injections irregularly.
Good luck!
Dr B
I've been bleeding more than normal, and when I have sex with my boyfriend it hurts and it bleed . I been bleeding and spotting for almost over a week.  Are these symptoms normal because of the Depo injection . I also really want to stop doing this method  . How would I stop?  A day how long would it maybe take for my body to get back to normal? (I only had one injection)
I had the same thing I was scared at first that I was pregnant and I wasn't I also was bleeding for about 3 weeks and then it stopped now I only have some spotting and it did hurt when I had sex with my bf but then it got better and I go for my next shot in August 14th and don't be scared it'll get better