Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Birth control shot
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Birth control shot

On the 23 of May for my first time I had gotten a birth control shot. I go back on the 8th of  Aug to get my next shot. Im getting really worried, beacuse it has been almost a week and i still havent came on my period yet. Could i be pregnant??????? Should I be worried??? Or could it be the shot making me not be on my peroid. Im really worried.
If anyone knows the answer, please respond as soon as possible.
Thank you
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the shot is probably responsible for your irregular periods.  I would advise doing a home pregnancy test, but mostly just for your peace of mind.  The shot is pretty reliable.  DO be sure to get your next injection on time--that is the most common reason for failure of this method of birth control--getting the injections irregularly.
Good luck!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
I've been bleeding more than normal, and when I have sex with my boyfriend it hurts and it bleed . I been bleeding and spotting for almost over a week.  Are these symptoms normal because of the Depo injection . I also really want to stop doing this method  . How would I stop?  A day how long would it maybe take for my body to get back to normal? (I only had one injection)
Blank
I had the same thing I was scared at first that I was pregnant and I wasn't I also was bleeding for about 3 weeks and then it stopped now I only have some spotting and it did hurt when I had sex with my bf but then it got better and I go for my next shot in August 14th and don't be scared it'll get better
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now