Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Birthcontrol Patch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Birthcontrol Patch

Hi, my periods are irregular  (It was a month and a half late this time), and I'm not good at taking pills at the same time everyday (due to an often irregular scheduled at work, my start and finish times can be drastically different. and no cellphones are technically allowed so I can't use mine for an alarm reminder). I'm not going to be using this for "contraceptive" purposes (I'm not sexually active). I just want to know when I'm going to have my period, and hopefully (unless my doctor says that's a big no-no) purposefully reduce the number of periods I have a year (and cramping etc, I have). I'm not worried about fertility issues (which I've heard people raise about any BC), as I don't want kids, ever.
So, my biggest questions is, spotting, how likely is it to happen? increased feelings of depression (I'm not taking meds for it, btw, so no drug interaction)? I know about the increased risk for blood clots, but I'm not overly worried about it. any BC would do that (though I know, not as severely). I'm tired of having a period every month for no reason. But I don't want to do any of the shots or implants, 'cause I'm worried about side-effects and not being able to stop the meds. (I might try those later, though I know that every BC can react differently)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is always better not to meddle with the natural rhythm of the menstrual cycle. Birth control used in any form- be it pills, patch, implants or shots have their own side effects. Hence if you want to use them for suppressing menstruation, you should consult your gynaecologist. The decision can be taken after a thorough check up and after evaluating the risk factors.
Hope this helps.