Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Bleeding Coming Off BCP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding Coming Off BCP

I recently stopped my birth control pills mid-pack due to them causing migraines. I had a withdrawal bleed a few days later for about 6 days with bleeding typical of a normal period. Now it is 8 days later and I am bleeding again. It started yesterday with mild cramping and spotting when I wiped. Now it is a full blown period-type bleed with cramps and back ache. Is this normal? How long should I expect to keep bleeding?

My periods have always been very irregular. It took my 6 months TTC my first son and 3 years TTC my 2nd son. After a year and a half I became pregnant again and it was ectopic. After having a Methotrexate (sp?) shot I have been on birth control pills for 6 months.

Hello,
It may be difficult to confirm anything without a detailed medical evaluation. This irregular bleeding pattern can be due to sudden stoppage of birth control pills or hormonal imbalances. It may take a month or so for your periods to normalize. This is merely an advice. For more queries and assistance you should visit a gynecologist. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank