Bleeding Coming Off BCP
I recently stopped my birth control pills mid-pack due to them causing migraines. I had a withdrawal bleed a few days later for about 6 days with bleeding typical of a normal period. Now it is 8 days later and I am bleeding again. It started yesterday with mild cramping and spotting when I wiped. Now it is a full blown period-type bleed with cramps and back ache. Is this normal? How long should I expect to keep bleeding?

My periods have always been very irregular. It took my 6 months TTC my first son and 3 years TTC my 2nd son. After a year and a half I became pregnant again and it was ectopic. After having a Methotrexate (sp?) shot I have been on birth control pills for 6 months.

It may be difficult to confirm anything without a detailed medical evaluation. This irregular bleeding pattern can be due to sudden stoppage of birth control pills or hormonal imbalances. It may take a month or so for your periods to normalize. This is merely an advice. For more queries and assistance you should visit a gynecologist. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!