Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Breaking out BADLY from Camrese Lo
About This Forum:

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Breaking out BADLY from Camrese Lo

Hi I have been on Camrese Lo for over a month. I have been on other Lo birth controls before and never ever had breakouts like this. I have been breaking out on my back, stomach, arms, chest. I have never had pimples on anywhere besides my face before. My face is getting it the worst! Everyday it's getting worse and worse everyday. I have very fair skin, whci doesn't help with the pimples or redness. I have never had very even skin tone, but it's gotten out of control with this new birth control. I take good care of my skin, I use clinque makeup and skin care products. Nothing is helping with this. I  asked my OB if she write me a script for Clindamycin, just for a month or so. Nope, she won't do anything until I have been on this for over 3 months! I can not even stand to look at myself in the mirror. I went out to dinner last night with my boyfriend. The lighting in there showed all the redness and pimples on my face. I honestly left the bathroom in tears! Is there anything I can do, any tricks or tips that might help? It's hard enough going to work, facing my family for the holidays like this is not going to be easy.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would write you a prescription for Retin-A.  If your ob doctor won't do it, you could visit with a dermatologist,  Actually a dermatologist may be more appropriate anyway.  If your acne is in response to the birth control, it is likely that it will clear up by the time you get to the third pk and are due back to your ob;
Good luck!
Dr B
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker