Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Can I ???

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Can I ???

Well I have the IUD. Im wondering if I can get it taking out for the shot,but I'm.only 17... Can i get that done by myself or does my mom have to sign for it.??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that it probably depends upon the laws of the state you live in.  Many states permit under age women to obrtain contraception without parental consent.  I would suggest that you call your local Planned Parenthood and ask them your question. They will probably be able to give you the correct answer.
Good luck!
Dr B