Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Continuous bc to help w pms

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Continuous bc to help w pms

Ive been on bc for almost two yrs since my son was born. I had a really difficult time getting pregnant the first time and when my dr put me on bc he told me that it would help make it easier for me to get pregnant in the future. My husband and I are ready for a 2nd child so I stopped taking my bc about a week ago. We had sex several times and then I immediately got my period since I had stopped taking the bc. Im wondering if I could still ne pregnant now. And also what did my dr mean by it would be easier after taking bc?
Wanna Nother Baby :-/
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you certainly could be pregnant and could do a test.  It sounds unlikely since you had your period (that is normal after stopping pills).  Typically continuous dose pills protects the uterus against several conditions such as ovarian cysts, excessive overgrowth of the lining from irregular periods, and endometriosis.  Because it protects from these condtions it makes pregnancy easier than if you hadn't taken the medications.  You might still have difficulty,. and if no baby has made himself evident after 6 months or so, I would begin a work up for infertility at that point so you don't have to wait forever.
Good luck!
Dr B