Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Could I be having a miscarriage ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Could I be having a miscarriage ?

Well , I started the Nuvaring as soon as my period came on last Wednesday , as I was told by my doctor to do so . And it made my period light , but made me cramp for 4 days straight . So I took it out on the fourth day because I thought the cramps would stop . On the 5th day , my period went off as it should ; but came back on later that night . It was weird because it was brown at first . But the next day it was bright red and heavy and has been that way since . It is the fourth day since it came back on and still cramping , still heavy and seems like clots coming out . What's wrong with me ? Could it be a miscarriage ? I'm scared because I might be losing too much blood ! :/ (This is very abnormal for my period !)
First if you have any doubt in the futur that you might be pregnant dont us the pill or the nuvaring.

Second if you feel ligh headed or sick to you stomac, you might be loosing to much blood and should consult.

third you should consult before you use the nuvaring again because you might have a reaction to it.
This happened to me like a year ago I went to the Dr 5 days after heavy bleeding and blood clots went through a box of tampons and half a bag of pads in one day it was so bad thought it was a misscarriage. Turns out it was an estrogen withdral. I put a new ring in when my period stopped then a few days later it came back so I took it out again. It caused my body to react crazy. Hope this help
Thankx for the answers . My period has finally gone off . I guess it wasn't a miscarriage , just how my body reacted to it .. probably like ajccwm said an estrogen withdrawal but I don't think I'm putting another ring in . My boyfriend doesn't want me on any BC . He actually wants a baby . :)  
But yeah I went through almost two packs of pads too. :/ I was extremely miserable !
Now i have a whole different question !.