Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Could I be pregnant with mirena?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Could I be pregnant with mirena?

Had mirena inserted July 28 bled for two months than had regular periods. Period is now late about 2 weeks strings are poking through out of me where before they were so deep only my husband could reach them. Nausea vomiting irritability irrationality sore breast and fatigue and craving crunchy tacos I hate crunchy tacos now I need one a day. Drs on Thursday to find out id I am have not taken home pregnant test. Will I die? And if I am pregnant will my baby survive.
HI!
IF you were my patient, I would advise you to do a pregnancy test immediately.  I would also want to see you in the office ASAP.  I would do a pregnancy test and then an ultrasound to check on the location of the IUD (whether or not you are pregnant). I would also reassure you that as long as you are seeking and following medical advice (you need to see your real doctor--not just me!) you will be fine.  Many healthy babies are delivered whose moms had IUDs.  But lets do the pregnancy test first!
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you my appt is.the day after tomorrow I am so nervous and have no luck with hpt I had two negative ones and a planned parenthood one that was negative when I was pregnant with my daughter. Waiting IA the scariest. Praying for the best.
Went to er last night in a lot of pain they said I was not pregnant but I still feel like I am
With my daughter no positive pregnant test till 4 1/2 weeks had three negative ones.so im still confused. Appt on Thursday to see where its at.still hoping for the best and in a lot of pain.