Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Could I get pregnant after depo for five yrs?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

I have been on depo from oct 2007~oct 2012 & the past fe the w weeks I felt breast tenderness,nausea, and fatigue. I went this morning (12/20/12) to the clinic for a pregnancy test and it came out negative. The md said my symptomd might be from the depo wearing off and my period wont be normal for a long while. she said to come back next week and test again. Could you still get pregnant before your period returns to normal??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that, yes,you can get pregnant before your periods return.  In order to have a period, you must ovulate first.  SO your first ovulation will occur before your first period.  Once your periods are regular, your chances of pregnancy improve, and your ovulation should be more predictable.  If that doesn't happen soon,  you may want to ask your doctor to prescribe something to re-  start your periods.
Good luck!
DrB