Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Cramping after period while on birth control pill
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cramping after period while on birth control pill

Hello.
I have a few questions about birth control...I have been doing some research and I can't really find anyone in the same situation as me.

So I have been on Yaz for about 5 years but I have only been taking it consistently (same time every night) for the last few months (I would say about 6 months). I have also been keeping track of my periods over the last few months. Since I have kept tracked,  I usually get my period on the last day of the white inactive pills or the first day of the new pack. My last period (2/24-3/4) started off with brown discharge, got heavier, then I spotted for the last 3 days. Since I've been on the pill, I can't remember my periods ever being really light or short. And in the last two months I've had cramps before my period was about to start. This month though, I had cramps at the end of my period (during the spotting days) and a few days after.

I have been taking my pill at the same time everyday, and also use condoms every time I have sex with my boyfriend.

Is the pill not working correctly for me?

Why would I be cramping after my period is over?

Does anyone else experience normal (not light) periods on the pill?

Even though I haven't made any mistakes with my birth control lately and always use condoms should I be worried about pregnancy? (I have read too many things about spotting and cramping in early pregnancy or people having their period and not knowing their pregnant)

I think I'm just being paranoid but I would like to know if anyone has any info.