Cramping question
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but it may relate to my birth control. I have been on the pill levlen ed continuously for a year or so with no breaks as I get very painful periods. However for the past week I have had menstrual like cramps starting at roughly the same time as I take my pill (10.30pm) every night, and only at night, never during the day. I have not missed any pills and always take them at the same time. I also have no pregnancy symptoms whatsoever. Apart from the cramping every night, everything is the same. So I am just wondering if anyone knows what may cause cramping only at night and at the same time every night, or if they have had something similar? Any help would be appreciated :)
Hi there,
There are few side effects of Levlen ED like breast tenderness, breast pain, depression, abdominal pain, nausea, oedema, and headache, skin rash and itching, insomnia etc. The chances of pregnancy are less since you have been taking the pills regularly. It may be difficult to confirm the exact cause of your symptoms. Pelvic inflammatory diseases, fibroids, ovarian cysts, pregnancy, pyelonephritis are few other causes of cramps in the abdomen. If the symptoms are severe and persisting it is best to get evaluated by a doctor. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!