Deadly gas
Ok, for a year I was on trycyclen lo. I disliked it. So I switched to loestrin. I've been on it for 3 weeks this coming Wednesday. However the first weekend I had a funky reaction. I had stomach cramping, bloating, constipation, and food aversion. It went away within a day or so.
My problem now, is its been a week and I'm still having issues. With gas. It wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't so terrible!!
The best way to describe it is this (sorry a little descriptive). It smells like something crawled up my butt and died. I'm not even kidding. It's just brutal and embarrassing.
I've not had any changes in my diet since starting the BCP or anything.
Anyone have any clue why my gas smells so totally awful?
It looks like side effect of the particular brand of birth control pills which is causing gastritis. You can consult a gynecologist and shift to some other brand of birth control pill. Till then, eat small nutritious meals at frequent intervals instead of a heavy single meal. Exercise frequently and take your dinner atleast 2 hrs prior to bedtime. Also raise the head end of the bed by 2 blocks.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.