Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Decidual Cast?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Decidual Cast?

Sorry, this will be long. In July, my husband and I had an "accident" the day before I started my period. My gyno gave me Lo Seasonique to start in August on the first day of my next period. It never started so I called her and she said to start after I took a pregnancy test that came up negative. I took 2 that were negative so I started the pills on Aug. 22. They were supposed to help with the pain from endo but they didn't really. About a week ago, I started cramping and feeling even more crappy than I do every day. Each day I just wanted to pass out. This past Friday at work I started bleeding which I assumed it was break thru bleeding and just thought ok, this can happpen and went on. The cramping got severly worse and I was up all night. Saturday morning I go to the bathroom and pass tissue. I'm talking about 3 in. long and about 1 1/2 in. wide. It was pinkish and white and it bothered me enough to put it in a clean canning jar and take to my local walk in clinic. He thought it was a decidual cast and sent it to pathology. My CBC came back ok, my pregnancy test came back negative, but I am waiting on path results. He also said that after I passed it I should stop bleeding. I didn't and I'm still passing tissue, not as big, but tissue just the same. And what I passed didn't look like the pics I've seen on the web. It wasn't the shape of my uterus. On Monday I called and told my gyno and she said that the chance of me being pregnant was very slim and to stop taking the pills for 3 days and the bleeding will stop and then to resume them. It's not getting better, it's getting worse. I'm RH negative and have 1 child, so I am really anxious to know what pathology says. I don't believe it's a miscarriage, it has to be from the pills but this is just too much waiting and thinking about what it could or couldn't be.
What did your pathology test come out as??? I just passed a fleshy lining after severe cramps and when I put it in a ziplock and spread it out it was in the shape of a ghost.. Probably uterus shaped. My doctor said if I have a regular period in fine or I may have been pregnant and it's the end of the pregnancy. This was unsettling to me as I have never had a baby yet and I'm 35! I'm thinking of taking a pregnancy test now.. My period is dark and looks like it's ending after two days after shed.. But ya when the cramping was getting better after meds I thought it was blood dropping into pad but it was tissue and no blood except what may have been on it.