Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer

Hi,
I just wanted to post this article about injectable contraceptives and breast cancer:
http://www.sciencecodex.com/comment/reply/89256

I also wanted to ask people's opinion about newer, somewhat controversial forms of birth control like Yaz and NuvaRing. From what I've read, there seem to be a lot of serious  side effects and I'm always cautious about medications that haven't had that many years of data behind it.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Thanks for posting this article. It was really interesting.  I've just stopped using depo and am still dealing with many side effects 4 months later. The impact of the shot was not explained well to me and I'm still waiting for my period. I wanted to go back on the pill right away but my gyno told me to wait for my period(I don't like not having birth control) in the meantime I am researching other methods. The patch and ring looked interesting. Then I saw so many posts about the danger of the patch. I'm not too comfortable inserting the ring, so I didn't research much. I'm always seeing lawsuit commercials about yaz, so I will probably stay away from that, although it seemed promising at first glance. Choosing a BC is hard and the risks are usually skimmed over, when they could be serious (my experience with depo).
Blank
Oh and I agree with being skeptical about new medicines.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank