Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer

I just wanted to post this article about injectable contraceptives and breast cancer:
http://www.sciencecodex.com/comment/reply/89256

I also wanted to ask people's opinion about newer, somewhat controversial forms of birth control like Yaz and NuvaRing. From what I've read, there seem to be a lot of serious  side effects and I'm always cautious about medications that haven't had that many years of data behind it.
Thanks for posting this article. It was really interesting.  I've just stopped using depo and am still dealing with many side effects 4 months later. The impact of the shot was not explained well to me and I'm still waiting for my period. I wanted to go back on the pill right away but my gyno told me to wait for my period(I don't like not having birth control) in the meantime I am researching other methods. The patch and ring looked interesting. Then I saw so many posts about the danger of the patch. I'm not too comfortable inserting the ring, so I didn't research much. I'm always seeing lawsuit commercials about yaz, so I will probably stay away from that, although it seemed promising at first glance. Choosing a BC is hard and the risks are usually skimmed over, when they could be serious (my experience with depo).
Oh and I agree with being skeptical about new medicines.