Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Depo Provera shot

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Depo Provera shot
Ive been on the depo shot for a little over a year now and havent had a period in about 8 months and all of a sudden I started spotting really dark brown for a week and now its turned really bright red with (contraction like pains every so often) I dont know what I should do???
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you are probably just having breakthrough bleeding and not to worry.  I always suggest a pregnancy test whenever there is unusual bleeding too.
In most cases the bleeding will subside on its own within a few days.  If not, call your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B