Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Depo Provera

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Depo Provera

I am 21 years old and have been on the shot (DEPO) since I was 18. I recently started having hot flashes and I wake up at night sweat profusely. Once I sit outside for a couple minutes I am fine. Also I have noticed since I have been on the shot I am very anxious. I would like someones opinion if their is a way to counteract these side effects or if I should just switch? I just really like the depo because so is very reliable for my-self. Please I would love some opinions.
Tags: depo
So far, I have only been on the shot for about three months.

However, I have not really experienced anything out of the ordinary. In fact, any side effects I had when I was on the pill, I have not had with the shot.

BC works different for everyone, though. I think if you want something to counteract, you might talk to your doctor. Or maybe, for your anxiety, try to start meditating or start doing things like yoga. I know that they really help with those kinds of things.

I can't say what to do about the hot flashes. When I experience something like that, I just open a window or go outside for a little bit.

If you think you might do better with a different BC, try it out. If you don't like it, go back to the shot. It's really up to you. Each BC works different for people.
Dont take nora-plant its a death sentence. I know pesonally living with many health problems that no one can figure out!!
dont take it!!!
get off this shot and never look back.... i am on it and experience the night sweats as well.... and many more