Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Depo-Provera
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Depo-Provera

I've had protected sex with condoms not even a week ago. I'm planning on getting the Depo shot this Friday, the 18th of March, and I'm a bit of worry wort. I was wondering, with the slight chance of me being pregnant, if I got the shot not even a week after "conception". Would it spontaneously abort? Would it hurt me? Would it keep the baby but give it birth defects? I'm not really sure and I would like my question answered because I am very worried. We used the condoms properly, no breaks or slippage. So, I highly doubt I am pregnant. My period should be due tomorrow or Friday (the day I get the shot). But I'm worried that my period won't come by Friday to prove to me that I am not pregnant. Does having sex for the first time throw off your menstrual cycle, maybe?
Please answer ASAP! Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Before you can get on the depo shot you have to take a pregnant test and a test to make sure that you have no diseases before. Then if your clear of everything then your next appointment you will be able to take the shot.
Blank
u dont have 2 take a test 2 check 4 stds b4 u get the shot the only thing u have 2 take is a pregnancy test an be on ur period. an u will take a pregnancy test every time u go in 4 ur shot 2 make sure that ur not pregnant
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...