Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Depo Provera..?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Depo Provera..?

Hi! I recently got the Depo Provera shot a couple weeks ago, and it is was within the 5-7 days before my period of which was supposed to be on the 23rd of last month.. And I still haven't gotten my period, I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative, I'm just really worried maybe the test was wrong, or is it normal to have a really late period after having your first shot?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Depovera can lighten and shorten your period. It can also stop it altogether. You have started it before your periods so pregnancy is unlikely. This is common with the use of depo and can happen anytime after you start taking it. If you are still concerned it is best to discuss it with your doctor and get your doubts clarified.
Best luck and regards!