Depo Shot LONG Period
I started the Depo Shot August of 2010, getting close to a year ago. For the first maybe three months my periods were regular, like I wasn't taking anything. Then they started to irregulate so much that I started having a period every couple weeks for two and three weeks at a time. I got fed up the last time I was on my period, because I was on it for 5 weeks, and finally went to the doctor. He explained to me that some women just take a long time to adjust to it. He also said this may be the toll I have to take for it to make my periods become fewer. My periods are still just so screwy after almost a year of being on this pill. Any ideas?
I got my first Depo shot in March, the first week of my period.  It stopped it and I thought oh wonderful.  Well in April about a month later, I started to spot.  Turns out I had my period for 8 weeks!  From light to heavy to light.  I am finally done as I'm supposed to get my next shot in 2 weeks in which I will not be getting!  I gained weight, I can't fit into my clothes from the last two summers, and I'm afraid of gaining more weight and having another period for another 8 weeks.  No thank you!  I also had a severe yeast infection but that could have been due to the guy i was seeing and the amount of beer he drank.  So in final, I will not go back on this shot, I will try going back on the pill since if I want to stop it I can.  I heard that Ortho Trycicline Low is supposed to be good.  Low estrogen......
Yeah I lost about 35 pounds before I started the shot..and I've pretty much gained it all back. My biggest dillema is that I'm horrible at taing pills which is why i started the shot. I think I will probably hold out til my next shot and if I continue to have these issues then I'm done.  
I went on the Depo shot and gained about 60lbs ... my periods stopped completely and i was on time to get my shot every month but i ended up pregnant SOMEHOW on this shot halfway between when i was due to get my shot... this wasnt too surprising because i did get pregnant on the pill also and i took it everyday exactly on the same time too ... im now on the IUD and havent had any issues .. so far :) but on the other hand My cousin was on the depo shot and never got her period once while on it just like me and never gained a single pound  ... needless to say her life was great. she then decided to change her BC and get off the Depo Shot, she got her period for 8 months straight with no breaks :O .. it was awful ... her doctor told her its different experience for every women for whatever BC they choose to use  ... i hope everything works itself out