Depo Vs. implant
So I've been on the Depo shot for 4 years now, I'm only 17 my mom wanted to start me young as it was what she was on. In the course of that time I've had significant weight gain, depression, I've been lethargic, moody, and I have frequent illness and soreness. I didn't think they were related to the Depo until my mother got off of it and expressed how much better she felt. Ever since, I've looked into Depo and have seen people get loss of fertility, cancer, bone marrow loss, and several other big long term issues which only raised my concerns more. I want to switch my birth control method.

What i like about depo: 3 months between, I have a terrible memory. No period. High effectiveness, and after the shot, no worries

So how does an implant birth control such as implanon compare? Help me out here
Hi there,
Every birth control method has few side effects. Depo vera is injected every 12 weeks while the contraceptive has the power to prevent conception up to 14 weeks, the injections are usually given every 12 weeks to ensure that there is no gap in the effectiveness of the birth control between shots. If such a schedule is maintained, pregnancy while on Depo-Provera is extremely rare .Mood changes, nausea, weight gain, menstrual cramps, vaginal itching, low sex drive are few of the side effects of  using implanon.It is best to discuss your concerns with your attending gynecologist and clarify them. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!