Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Depo?

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Depo?

I been on my cycle for 6months now and I only had the depo shot once.. Why am I still bleeding and when will it stop cause I dont want another shot
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would probably advise you to take one month worth of birth control pills. That should stop the bleeding and then, if you wanted you could continue with them, or stop at the end of the pack.
Good luck!
Dr B
I took one shot of depo which covered me on a three month trip to Asia. I started to show some spotting after sex on the 2nd month, but since the 3 month cover of depo has stopped, I have bled every day (lightly). It is now 2 months since the depo stopped working but i'm still bleeding. Any indication as to when this will stop? I dont want to take any more BC pills cos i want to start planning a family and i am afraid by taking BC pills, this will mess me up and it will take longer for me to get pregnant afterwards.
Thanks.