Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Discharge

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Discharge

I've been on beyaz for a couple months and I'd been getting a white creamy kinda smelly discharge but recently it turned into a dark brown and is still smelly.. I'm 16 and I've only been with one person and I was checked after our first time and the results came back clean.  Should I be concerned?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would test for yeast and bacterial vaginosis. It never hurts to repeat testing for STIs too.  Usually the white creamy discharge is caused by yeast and often will respond to the over the counter medications.  Brownish discharge is often caused by spotting or very light vaginal bleeding, so could be a sign of break through bleeding.
You might want to try one of the OTC yeast meds and if you don't have results, then contact your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B