Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Do women get a real period on birth control and can it differentiate......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Do women get a real period on birth control and can it differentiate...

Hello:

I know that when a women takes birth control, the last week which is a placebo week is when a women gets her period. Is this a real period? I ask because if a women is on the pill and she misses her period, this can mean she is pregnant. But if this isn't a period, then I am a little confused.

If a women gets this fake period, since maybe it isn't a period, can she still be pregnant? Will this fake period come either way pregnant or not?
Every woman is different off the pill, and every woman has her own response to it.  Generally it is lighter and shorter.  It's not a fake period, it's just lighter due to hormones being different.  If she gets pregnant, she will probably not have a period at all, but there are no hard and fast rules with women.