Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Excessive menstrual bleeding....need doctors advice please!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I have been on the birth control pill Jolivette for about 4-5 months.  I just stopped nursing maybe a couple of days ago.  I had may period, stopped for one week, and then had it again for 4 weeks straight, continuous bleeding.  Called the doctors they switched me to Loestrin.  I started that and it took me maybe 3 days and finally I stopped bleeding.  3 more days later (today) I am starting to bleed again.  I have been on Loestrin for a week and a half.  I am so tired of bleeding.  Please tell me if this is normal, I am ready to give up the BC all together.  
This happened to me. I don't take the bc pill. If you're allergic to one, it's quite likely you'll be allergic to most of them. I would look at alternative methods of contraception