Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Extreme nervousness.

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Extreme nervousness.

So, I have been on the junel fe birth control for 2 years, I am a junior in highschool and my periods are... fairly regular. My period does sometimes come a little early, but usually not late. My boyfriend and I have been having sex, and we use a condom about 50% of the time. I have recently found out that my family is relocating, and I am stressed to the MAX about that. I also have been more moody and depressed, due to this relocation. Now, to the question.
My boyfriend and I had sex about three times on one of the days that I would most likely be ovulating, and my period is now late, but only by a day and a half. There was light bleeding this morning, but it seems to have gone away. I don't have any of the other symptoms of pregnancy, no nausea or anything like that. I'm just really freaked out because I take my pill the same time every day and I usually have my period by now, this is really the first time I have ever been late. So, I can't believe I am asking this but, what are the chances that I am pregnant?
HI!
If you were my patient, I would try to reassure you that you are probably not pregnant.  If you have been taking your pills properly, there is only about a 1% failure rate. Your period may be late or unusual due to stress.  BUT I would recommend doing a home pregnancy test anyway!
Good luck!
Dr B