First period after several months of depo shot
I have been on the depo provera shot for just over 10 months and haven't had any issues at all! None of the side effects took place. I haven't had my period at all either! Which is perfectly fine with me. Until today. I started with the brown discharge and then bleeding lightly. I read some posts saying stress could cause this, is this true? Because this has been a very stressful week. My fiancé is coming home from the military, dog got hit by a car and killed, etc. any possible way that this will go away and NOT last months? I'm scared that it will last a long time. Someone please discuss some of this with me.
Some spotting is normal with the depo provera shots, and unless the discharge is smelly (indicating bacteria) it probably isn't a big deal. Stress can mess with hormones and cause a period to be heavier or even cause a period to start early, so I imagine it could affect that too. Makes a lot of sense.