Folliculitis caused by oral contraceptive
Hello, I have tried using oral contraceptives with progesterone and estrogen to feel safer when something goes wrong with condoms, but about 25 days after the start of treatment, i started to have folliculitis in the hip region (buttocks and groin). They are many and big. I usually do not shave my buttocks, then I exclude the possibility of a problem related to that. I've tried changing the medicine to try another kinds of estrogen, but the problem persists and now I'm trying one that is based only progestrone. I'm afraid to go wrong with this one too and not remain me any options. I wonder what has caused this and what should I do? I do not want to depend solely on condoms because they can burst.
Hi there,
You seem to be suffering from allergy to progesterone which is a rare illness seen in few women. An autoimmune condition and allergic trigger caused by effect of progesterone receptors on the immune system can lead to this problem. Urticaria, hives, blisters, folliculitis are few symptoms of this condition.Danazol a derivative of testosterone may be effective for relieving these symptoms. You may consult your doctor for relief in symptoms and an alternative birth control option. Do write to us again.
Best luck and regards!
thank you veery much, you have no idea how desperate I was, because where I live, I do not have access to good doctors. apparently I was allergic to estrogen, because this new drug I'm taking, gave me no folliculitis. however, I am menstruating every day since last month, when I started taking it. should i stop treatment because of it? is there a way to reverse the situation? i really need to take birthcontrol pills! not ready for any surprises right now...