Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Getting period/withdrawal bleeding a little late on birth control pill?...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Getting period/withdrawal bleeding a little late on birth control pill?

Hello, for a regular Sunday starter you have the 3 weeks of active pills. On the last inactive placebo pills, you start taking them Sunday night. This month I got most of the period/withdrawal bleeding on thursday. This would be day 5. I did have some light spotting a few days before.

-Is this normal?
-If I take a pregnancy test, will it be accurate during the placebo week to tell if I am pregnant?
Was this your first month taking it?  Everyone's different when it comes to withdrawal bleeding on the pill, and different brands I've been on had different time frames.  The one I'm on now consistently brings my period between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning (I'm a Sunday starter, so my last pill is Saturday night).  I once had a scare when my period came a day or two later than usual, but it did come and I wasn't pregnant.  Since you did get your period, I wouldn't worry.  A good pregnancy test I think would be accurate, but you might want to wait a little longer.  Best to ask your ob/gyn about that one, though.  The pill inserts usually say to wait until you've missed two periods in a row to take a test.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank