Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Going off YAZ

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Going off YAZ

I have been taking YAZ for about nine months and have recently decided to go off birth control all together. I stopped taking the pills about three weeks ago and I have been bleeding on and off ever since. I'm wondering if this is normal and will go away or if I should start taking the pills again, or maybe switch to a different birth control. I'm also concerned because I don't want to start a new birth control routine and gain more weight. What should I do!? Please help!
the bleeding will stop its just your body ajusting dont start new pills if you dont want to if ur looking for a birth controll that will not make you gain weight you should talk to ur doctor to see whats best
I am having the same issue. I went off YAZ in August. I have been bleeding off and on ever since. Sometimes heavy..sometime light. It is so frustrating and now it is almost Jan and I am still struggling with this. I have been to the doctor and he has told me that it is a side effect of going off the Pill, but I am wondering when it will go away. Any suggestions? Please Help. Thanks!