Birth Control (Contraception) Community
HELP! Please.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

HELP! Please.

This month I spotted for the three weeks while on my birth control pill. Then when my sugar pull came I didn't get my period at all and I didnt even take any sugar pills. I am on y second day of birth control on the new month and haven't taken any of those two pills either and still haven't gotten my period. I have been sexually active. And my family has a history of have a sist on their ovaries. I have no clue what is wrong please help.
  • Help (1 replies):
    Why haven't I had a normal period after removing my IUD ...[more]
  • Could I be pregnant? (1 replies):
    am i late period 1 month and 18 days i can take pregnanc...[more]
  • HELP! (1 replies):
    I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last friday, and...[more]
  • Missed period (1 replies):
    I took an early pregnancy test and it was negative but I...[more]
  • Watery Discahrge (1 replies):
    I am very irregular. My last period was on October,15. I...[more]
Make an appointment with your doctor.  That's the only way to rule out anything that might be causing your period not to have come, whether it's a cyst or not.  I'm sure she'll order some blood work and, if you mention your family history of cysts, an ultrasound.
These can be the symptoms of pregnancy if there is a history of any intercourse and to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

If pregnancy is ruled out then it can be due to the cysts that you are having and for the same, you have to start with the treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.