Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Had tubes tied and burnt 18 years ago period late for the 1st time can ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Had tubes tied and burnt 18 years ago period late for the 1st time can I be pregnant?

I had my tubes tide and burnt 18 years ago and my period is over 2 weeks late and felt like it was coming on for the past 3 weeks.  Cramps, swollen breasts, ill mood, legs swelling has anyone had this before?  I'm 40 years old and my kids are 23 & 19 years old! Help!
If your period is 2 weeks late, take a pregnancy test.  It should be very accurate.

Its not at all likely that you are pregnant, but not impossible.

So test, and see your doctor regardless about your other symptoms.  
I dont know your age... but could it be menopause? (sorry i dont think i spelt it properly)
My mom freaked out many years ago when she skipped her period, went to the doctor and was told that she was entering menopause so... perhaps it's a possibility?
im having a similar experience..how did it turn out for you??
i am 33 and have 5 kids i had my tubal done dec 2000 the day after my last son was born its been almost 10 years now and this month ive been acting insane like a pregnant woman mood swings sleep and eating changes boobs hurt emotional outbursts and my period is 9 days late what is going on could i be pregnant or what else is it!!!????
Hi, just letting you know I had a tubal in 2003..BUT got pregnant again with an ECTOPIC Pregnancy in 2006 & then a SECOND Ectopic in 2008 & YES had all the same normal pregnant symptoms, even a positive test..but you DO need to test becuase these can be DANGEROUS, especially if they ruture like mine did (BOTH) emergency surgery IS required & they are PAINFUL, but you MOST definatley will have normal pregnancy symptoms starting with a late period...my eggs were in my tubes one was 8 wks & one was 10 wks...but get checked out, because I am proof it can happen....twice!!!

Goodluck!!!!