Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Has anyone gotten pregnant while on Mirena?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

I was wondering if anyone actually got pregnant while using Mirena.  I have all the symptoms!  At home tests say no.  Doctor wanted to blow me off, but she ordered blood tests.  Waiting for the results now.  Is anyone else going through this?
Mirena can make your cycles irregular, light, or even stop altogether.  Some ladies report even feeling pregnant while on it.
If you took a sensitive HPT, using a first morning urine, and it was negative, you should repeat the test in a week.  

What tests is the doctor doing?  There are other reasons for common pregnancy type symptoms besides pregnancy.  It would be unlikely for you to be pregnant with a Mirena in place.  Not absolutely impossible, but extremely unlikely.
did you actually find out if you are preggos???
Hello, I myself have not gotten pregnant while having the Mirena but 2 of my cousins have and they were both well into the 2nd or 3rd months before they found out..One they had to do surgery on to take her Mirena out and the other had to wait till it just fell out because of they way it was laying...Hope this has helped..
Well I wasn't pregnant.  I did have my Mirena taken out though because all my hormone tests came back normal.  The doctor never could figure out why I wasn't having a period.  So I have had it out and been trying to get pregnant again for 6 months and its just not happening.  My periods are still very irregular.  I am not sure that I am ovulating at all.  I don't recommend Mirena to anyone though.  There is just so much the doctors still don't know about it.  Another great site is webmd and search Mirena.  It has a lot more women on there discussing their situations with the IUD.
ahhh yes pregnant now.... and have the merina in.  and it is in properly too.  doc can't explain why.
so, did everything turn out ok with the baby? I am scared that I might be preggo right now...I have had the mirena since may 2008 and for the last few months, I have just felt off.....I am too scared to go get a test or call the dr tho.....How did you find out that you were preggo????