Aa
A
A
Close
Have period and on the pill but have pregnancy concerns
Hi everyone,

I'm on tri cyclen and have never missed a pill- I always take it exactly at four and am on no other medications . Since I am so careful with my bc, my boyfriend and I recently decided it was safe to have him stay inside me instead of pulling out (no condom) . Well since then I've been over paranoid and think I need to go back to a second back up method. This month I was freaking out and thought I noticed pregnancy symptoms- largely very very vainly and enlarged breasts. I looked up symptoms and seem to notice somethings that im experiencing but it could just be my paranoia. However just as I freaked , my period came . It usually comes on the night of placebo 3 but this time came on placebo 4 when I woke up so a few hours late. It seems a bit lighter than usual but still a steady flow and not spotty or anything. I'm experiencing normal pms symptoms but I still can't get these veins out of my mind. Should I get a pregnancy test just incase? Or do u think perfect pill use and my period are sure signs I'm not pregnant even though I noticed these other things?
Thank you very much for your reply,
Ali
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It can also be the birth control pills.  You're having a period, so you aren't pregnant, but if you are paranoid, it would be worth it to go back to using a second birth control method to ensure there's nothing that will happen.

I have never gotten pregnant and have taken my pills at the same time daily with very few slip-ups (less than once ever several months) and I have never become pregnant.  It's the women who fail to take their birth control correctly that end up pregnant on the pill.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I was also taking this pill and I know I got a lot of those symptoms throughout the whole 9months I took it but I'm about to switch to see if it will help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources