Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Headache and contraceptive pill?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Headache and contraceptive pill?

Hey, I started Microlite, the contraceptive pill on Sunday, so this is my third day.  I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I had a really bad headache all of yesterday and it didn't go away with painkillers, and it was still there this morning but i took two ibuprofen and it cleared up.  This is very strange for me as I do get alot of headaches because of stress and sleep deprivation but they usually go away once I get sleep.  I'm also on Zimovane and Sertraline, could these have an effect on the pill?
Did you mention to your Dr that you get frequent headaches??? the reason I ask is because I just went to the Dr to get on BC and one of the 1st questions she asked me is if I getr frequent headaches or suffer from migraines. I do so she had to find a BC that was safe. She said a lot of BC will make your headaches worse and more frequent. SO contact your Dr abou this. Good Luck!