Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Heavy bleeding after IUD removal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heavy bleeding after IUD removal

I had my mirena IUD removed last week about two days later I began what I thought was my period, I haven't had one since august so not really sure when it should come, the bleeding is very heavy and has some larger clots. Is this normal after IUD removal or should I be worried?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
If you are bleeding more than 1 pad an hour for a 2-3 of hours, you should let your doctor know right away.

If its simply bleeding heavier than a normal period, and doesn't stop within a few days, you should also call your doctor and let him/her know.

Or if you just feel uneasy about the situation right now, you  should always rely on your own instincts and feelings, and let them know now.  
Blank
i had my mirena iud inserted jan 27, 08.  before that i was very regular, like clock work.  for about 4 months i spotted every 2-3 weeks.  then i barely bled at all, just when i wiped i would see blood but it never came out on my clothes.  sometimes when i had sex, there would be pinkish on his penis.  it never really was consistant and i had no idea when it was going to happen.  nov 13, i started bleeding lightly and then i had it removed nov 14 because we are trying to have another baby. on nov 15 i started bleeding heavier and it lasted about 7 days.  no cramping which is very odd for me, i usually have to eat ibprefen like candy.  

was that my period or was that from me taking the iud out.  

for the last couple of days i have had alot of this creamy milky white mucus discharge. no odors, just feel really wet.  do you think i'm about to ovulate?  
i don't recall having this much discharge before ovulating before.
i have read on some people's forums that they say when pregnant you can get mucus discharge too????
i have a 7 year old daughter but i don't remember  if i got that when i found out i was pregnant then.  sorry.  

should i take a pregnancy test?  or am i being to wishful?
i just don't know when the last time i ovulated.

i don't usually have any problems being dry but this is alot of discharge.  it doesn't usually come on my panties but when i wipe, its enough to see it on the tissue even when i don't go to the bathroom.

please help me
Blank
well i just got my period again last night 12/3.  i just got finished bleeding for 7 days so i don't understand.  maybe this is my REAL period?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Birth Control (Contraception) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank