Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Heavy bleeding after IUD removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Heavy bleeding after IUD removal

I had my mirena IUD removed last week about two days later I began what I thought was my period, I haven't had one since august so not really sure when it should come, the bleeding is very heavy and has some larger clots. Is this normal after IUD removal or should I be worried?
If you are bleeding more than 1 pad an hour for a 2-3 of hours, you should let your doctor know right away.

If its simply bleeding heavier than a normal period, and doesn't stop within a few days, you should also call your doctor and let him/her know.

Or if you just feel uneasy about the situation right now, you  should always rely on your own instincts and feelings, and let them know now.  
i had my mirena iud inserted jan 27, 08.  before that i was very regular, like clock work.  for about 4 months i spotted every 2-3 weeks.  then i barely bled at all, just when i wiped i would see blood but it never came out on my clothes.  sometimes when i had sex, there would be pinkish on his penis.  it never really was consistant and i had no idea when it was going to happen.  nov 13, i started bleeding lightly and then i had it removed nov 14 because we are trying to have another baby. on nov 15 i started bleeding heavier and it lasted about 7 days.  no cramping which is very odd for me, i usually have to eat ibprefen like candy.  

was that my period or was that from me taking the iud out.  

for the last couple of days i have had alot of this creamy milky white mucus discharge. no odors, just feel really wet.  do you think i'm about to ovulate?  
i don't recall having this much discharge before ovulating before.
i have read on some people's forums that they say when pregnant you can get mucus discharge too????
i have a 7 year old daughter but i don't remember  if i got that when i found out i was pregnant then.  sorry.  

should i take a pregnancy test?  or am i being to wishful?
i just don't know when the last time i ovulated.

i don't usually have any problems being dry but this is alot of discharge.  it doesn't usually come on my panties but when i wipe, its enough to see it on the tissue even when i don't go to the bathroom.

please help me
well i just got my period again last night 12/3.  i just got finished bleeding for 7 days so i don't understand.  maybe this is my REAL period?