Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Heavy period after stopping birth control
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heavy period after stopping birth control

ok, so I started taking birth control pills in november of 2011 and instead of taking the placebo pills I went ahead and started the next pack.  when I got to that packs placebo's I didn't take them either and went ahead and started the third pack.  three days into the 3rd pack I started spotting but continued to take the pill, 3 days later I got what I thought was my period so I decided to go ahead and stop the pill to let me period come on...I had my period for 9 days but 7 days into it I went back on the pill and after the 9th day it stopped, I forgot to take 2 pills in a row and I am bleeding again, but this time it is very heavy and crampy and has now been going on for about 5 days, I do not plan on going back on the pill but I want to know if this is normal and when I can expect the bleeding/cramping etc to end and will my periods go back to normal and if so when...thanks