Help Please :'( major dilema...
I took a plan b one step pill the day after a comdom break on Dec 21. A week later I started my period ... It was 5 days long and normal (2 weeks early but normal). Does this mean plan b worked? i had unprotected sex about 2 weeks after my LMP (January 9-12) and I found out I was pregnant the beginning of February. Trying to figure out if plan b worked and about how far along I should be. Is it possible plan b didn't work and I got pregnant back in December and not January? Or does it sound like it worked like its supposed to?
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that we would need an ultrasound to help us determine how far along you are.  Plan B will interfere with the normal cycle by delaying ovulation.  IF you are already pregnant, Plan B will NOT cause a miscarriage, nor has it been shown to cause any harmful effects to the developing baby. An ultrasound done in the first trimester is accurate within 5-7 days so should give you the answer to your question.
Good luck!
Dr B
The first day of My period before the my last on the 27 was on December 13. So I shouldn't have been ovulating on December 21st right?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.