Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
Help

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Help

Hi, I had the Merina Coil fitted 13 months ago when I was 17 because I suffer with endometriosis, I have been bleeding now for four days and I'm slightly concerned I am also loosing quite a bit of eggwhite type mucus my cirvix is low, and of medium/soft texure, I have been like this for four days, and me and my partner had intercourse 2 days ago am I at my fertile stage ? Should I be worried about pregnancy please help
Hi!
If I understand you correctly, you have an IUD in place (the Mirena).
Irregular bleeding is very common with the Mirena coil, and is usually nothing to be concerned about.  The Mirena, in addition to helping control endometriosis, is a form of contraception and should prevent pregnancy.  If you WANT a pregnancy, you will need to have the coil(IUD) removed.
Good luck!
Dr B