Birth Control (Contraception) Community
Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

Help!

I am 17 years old. I have very irregular periods, as in sometimes I won't get it and sometimes I get them a couple weeks apart or sometimes it'll stop for a couple days and then come back. They're all over the place. My gynecologist just put me on birth control, Lo Loetrin Fe. She told me to start the pill the day I get my period. Two days ago, I had a discharge that looked like a period. It was a lot. But it was brown. A lighter brown. And there were, not to be gross, but little clumps of discharge. It was also sweet smelling. I still have it.
But it's not as brown now. It's like a yellow brown now, maybe. And I started my pill when I noticed this a couple days ago, just to be safe because my friend told me that her period has been brown before and I read online that it can be brown. And me and my boyfriend do have unprotected sex here and there, but he pulls out usually. So please, what is this? And was I right to take my pill or no? I want it to work. And I did see a tiny bit of light pink in with the discharge. Please help!
yeah it's probably from where you're just staring a new birth control. and yeah if you're already taken it just keep taking it. it won't hurt you. but take it like the doctor said to. Good luck and dont worry about the brown discharge/period. It will stop and you will go back to normal.