How long bleeding lasts after IUD insertion?
Hi there,

I recently had a hysteroscopy and an IUD (mirena) inserted on the same day. That was 3 weeks ago, I had to get the IUD inserted not for contraceptive purposes but because my body was not making enough progesterone and the lining of my uterus was 17mm thick so the mirena was to prevent the wall of my uterus from thickening up. For the 3 days following the insertion I bled bright red blood which I was told was normal. Then on the 4th day after insertion I started to have a browny black discharge and from then on until now the colour of the blood and discharge has interchanged between bright red to browny black with some clotting. I am not sure if this is my period but I am having extremely painful cramping which is strange because before the insertion I never got period pain and my period would only last for 3-4 days max and now I worried and am not sure if I should have it removed.
I havent been able to make love with my husband because I have bled everyday for the past 3 weeks straight and it is very frustrating as we use to make love 4-5 times a week. Can anyone relate? Or does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you