Birth Control (Contraception) Community
How long does withdrawal bleeding last?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to birth control and contraception and the various options in practicing birth control.

How long does withdrawal bleeding last?

I started on Levlen ED but started having side effects such as nausea, vomiting and extreme mood swings which caused me to stop mid cycle. I have been withdrawal bleeding for 4 days now and my doctor told me to start on Yaz tomorrow. Will this bleeding stop when on Yaz? Should I wait until I stop bleeding before I take it?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Breakthrough bleeding is common since you are switching to another birth control pill midcycle.You may start Yaz if your doctor has advised you to do so..Do discuss with your doctor whether the new birth control pill will be effective until it's been in your system for a full 7 days. So make sure if you need to use a condom with spermicide as a back-up until you've taken the new birth control pill for a week. Do consult your gynecologist. Write to me again.
Best luck and regards!