Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
I have the implant in my arm and was due out 12 dec 2012

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Hi just asking for some advice as I have the implant in my arm and was due to be taken out on the 12/12/12 due to me & my children being ill not got round to doin it and recently iv been feeling very tiered and drained like every day to day things are a effort , 2 weeks ago I did a home pregnacey test (1st morning wee) and it come back positive so I do one a few days later (afternoon wee) & its come back negative so I done another 2 days ago same thing positive done one yesterday negative , I'm so confused and today I have started bleedin (just like a normal period) and got slight pains in my stomache at the bottom , just wondering if any1 has any advice as I dnt know if I am or was and had a misscarage ??? Why would the test say positive twice & negative twice , so confused thanks to any1 who gives advice xx
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would do a blood pregnancy test, and that shoulld be definitive. I would also remove the implant and strongly suggest that you  consider another form of contraception if you don't want another pregnancy.
If your pregnancy test is negative, I would remind you about emergency contraception such as Plan B
Good luck!
Dr B