I want to know once and for all, DOES the pill stop ovulation???
I'm currently on Yaz and I've been taking it since September 2009. I'm a really absent-minded person and so I'm fairly sure that not one single month has been perfect. I've missed at least one pill each month, and sometimes I miss several. I have been dating my current boyfriend for about a year now and we've been having unprotected sex for about 8 months of that. I know it sounds horribly irresponsible, but in all of the months that we've been doing this, I've managed to miss up to a few pills each month (three in a row one month) and avoid pregnancy.

This is one of those months that I'm worried because I've missed so many. I've heard that the most dangerous time to miss a pill was at the very start of your cycle. That's exactly what I did. I forgot to renew my pack and ended up missing the first day of the cycle. I missed a couple in between then and now, and I just realized today -- Wednesday -- that I also missed Monday's and Tuesday's. I'm at the end of my second week now. And I'm just wondering, have I just been lucky all this time or does the pill actually cease ovulation altogether? I've been trying to find answers to this question on all kinds of websites that seem legitimate, but I'm getting different answers. Does someone know for sure? Because it would really ease my mind to know that while I'm on the pill, I no longer ovulate and therefore don't need to stress out too much about conceiving.
I honestly don't know the truth...but I don't think it does. Since it's only 99.9% accurate in the first place, and that's taking it at the same time every day every month. If you want to avoid pregnancy I'd try some other form of BC on top of just the pill. I know a woman who swears by spermicide gel. Also, if you chart your bbt then you'll have a greater chance of knowing when ovulation is. Just my thoughts.