Birth Control (Contraception) Expert Forum
IUD Mirena, mucus bloody dicharge and pain in pelvic area

This Birth Control & Contraception forum is for questions and information regarding birth control and contraception. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

I am having a bloody mucus like discharge and alot of pain in pelvic are and during intercourse.. Could i have an ectopic pregnancy or PID, me and fiance don't use condoms so its my fault ... but I also feel a lump near my ovary on my left side and its painful to the touch.. I don't have a fever, but kinda shaky. I feel tired and like I am coming down with something..
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would not be too concerned about a problem with the Mirena -- bloody discharge is fairly normal with those.
I would do tests for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea to see if you had either of those most common infections that cause PID.  As far as an ectopic pregnancy--the reccomendation there would be to do a pregnancy test.  If that is negative, you don't have a tubal pregnancy.  Any women's clinic or Ob/Gyn could do these tests for you.
Good luck!
Dr B